ST LUCIA ESTUARY
St Lucia South Africa has one of the largest Estuary’s in Africa, its total length is approximately 85km South to North and 22km wide at its widest point. St Lucia Estuary is also much like an island and this is due to the fact that the town is surrounded by water on the left is the estuary and on the east side is the Indian Ocean.
The St Lucia South Africa Estuary is home to more than 800 Hippo’s that lounge about on the banks of the estuary and the estimated 1200 Nile crocodiles not to mention the abundance of birdlife. It was proclaimed as a world heritage in 1999 by Unesco and is the first world heritage site in South Africa.
- Attractions at the Estuary include :
- Boat rides on the River to view the Hippos, Crocodiles and the abundance of birds as well as crabs
- Have lunch at the Ski Boat club along the banks of the river.
- Boardwalk along the banks of the river to view the Hippos.
- Cape Vidal – Bush and Beach tour
- Zulu Cultural Village – full day tour of a Zulu Village
- A day in a Big 5 Game Park – Imfolozi/Hluhluwe park.
Contact Us : for further information and bookings